Stitcher Radio

Listen to Stitcher

Saturday, June 27, 2015

It's Official

We have arrived, ladies and gentlemen...or any reasonable facsimile thereof. We don't discriminate. Here it is, the new and different Gorram Nerd Hour. I'm Jacob O'Neal, one of the original hosts of the show, along with Brian Smith. We loved doing the show...and then life got in the way. He went off and joined a cult. I decided to focus on work, my film festival duties and learning the art of tantric love making. I just didn't have a partner for it so that didn't last long.

All my podcasts ended roughly around the same time. But I missed it. So Brian and I talked. He agreed to let me have the name in a very kind and selfless moment. He said, "Fuck dude, it was always your fuckin' name to use. Why the fuck would I care? But it fuckin' means a fuckin' lot that you'd ask first, you fucker." For anyone who knows Brian that's pretty close to an accurate quote, kind and vulgar all at once. The search was on at this point. I needed a new co-host. I have this habit of auditioning them without them knowing it. Over the last two years I've had the honor of being the film festival coordinator for Phoenix Comicon's Film Festival. One of my volunteers is a man named Jeremy Taylor (pictured below).


Jeremy was someone I seemed to have an easy and playful way of talking to, something I thought could translate well to the show. And I think I made a good choice. He's a nerd, he's opinionated, he's sometimes funny and, most importantly, he's not as good looking as me.

We will be posting new shows every Saturday. Come check us out, enjoy and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment